Finding an experienced tutor is not always easy. Some people advertise online but are not willing to travel to your area. Others are willing to travel, but the fees are higher than you expected.
The most effective way to find tutors online is to ask your friends, neighbours and relatives if they know anyone who can help your child. If you cannot find a tutor locally, then consider looking online.
Many websites can help you find a tutor. You can search in your area and get quotes from them. However, it would be best to be careful about using these sites because some are not very trustworthy.
Private tutoring websites like Cudy are the best places because they have high standards and goals, and they have many trusted people on their website.
Cudy has high standards because they want to provide parents with the best possible help for their student.
They also make sure that all of their people are qualified teachers, which means that they can give the best education for your child.
Are online tutors as effective as face to face ones?
Many parents worry that online tutoring is not as effective as face to face ones. They worry that online tutors cannot provide the same level of education as in-person tutors.
However, these concerns are not unfounded. They do have some advantages and disadvantages over in-person ones in their lesson. To decide which one is best for your child, you need to look at both sides of the coin.
Advantages of online tutors
1. Online teachers can work around your schedule. You do not have to worry about time conflicts with your schedule. The online tutor will be able to provide lesson when you want them and at a time that is convenient for you.
They can be available during nights and weekends when most in-person teachers are not available. If you are a busy parent, this is one of the most significant advantages of using an online tutor.
2. Online tutors can provide a better value for your money than in-person tutors. This is because they do not have to spend money on transportation, office space, and other overhead costs. Therefore, you can get more hours of instruction for your money.
3. They can provide video conferencing, text messaging, and other interactive tools to help your child learn more effectively. Online teachers can provide other forms of instruction that are not available with in-person classroom environment just like at school.
Disadvantages of online tutors
1. If your child needs that personal interaction, online tutors are not the best option for them. In-person teachers can spend more time with your child and interact with them in a way that online ones cannot.
This is especially true for children who need more motivation or encouragement to learn aside from their activities at school.
2. They may not give the same attention to each student that in-person ones can. This is because they may have a more significant number of students than in-person ones.
Therefore, they may not be able to give each student the individualized attention that they need.
3. They may not be able to test your child in the same way that in-person ones can. This is because they may not have access to the same resources.
For example, if your child needs to take a standardized test at school, online teachers may not give them the same practice tests that in-person one can.
How long do tutoring sessions last?
One of the main advantages of online tutoring is that the teachers can teach your child at home, at a time that is convenient for both of you. Face-to-face teachers have to go to your home, which means they need to plan ahead. They may have to leave work early or take time off, which may not be ideal.
However, in terms of duration, a home tutor for primary school can give your child as much or as little time as they need. They can work on their specific areas of weakness without any limitations.
If your child is having difficulty with their math homework, the online tutor can work with them until they understand it. If your child needs help with their reading comprehension, the online tutor can spend as much time as necessary to improve their understanding.
On the other hand, a face to face teacher has to stick to a specific time frame. Usually, they can only give your child 30 minutes to 120 minutes of their time.
This means that your child may not get the help they need in their weaker areas. This can be especially true if your child is having difficulty with more than one subject.
An online tutor can also have a specific time frame, but they can adapt it to your child’s needs. They can let your child work on their weak areas until they are confident in their knowledge.
This way, your child will not be wasting time with subjects that they already understand.