Tips to revise GCE O level Chemistry
Review these notes regularly to keep your concepts fresh and use the notes to revise your O level Chemistry concepts.
Chemistry is a vast subject. You need to learn the basic concepts and formulas, as well as the common applications of Chemistry in daily life. Moreover, you will need good guidance and practice.
So, for you who are taking GCE O level Chemistry, these revision notes will be very useful for you.
Some notes to revise GCE O level Chemistry:
- Electron configuration of elements in the periodic table.
- Metals, non-metals, semimetals and non-metallic elements.
- Periodic trends of atomic properties: atomic mass, atomic radius, ionization energy, electronegativity and electron affinity.
The mole concept:
- Avogadro’s number, molar mass and molar volume.
- Calculate the number of moles of gas present in a given volume at STP
- Law of conservation of mass and mole relationship. Calculate the amount of reactants and products from a balanced chemical equation.
- Mass and mole relationships between elements in a chemical reaction.
- Density of elements and compounds.
- Lewis electron dot diagram.
- Ionic and covalent bonds. Bonds in ionic compounds, electron configurations of ions, bond length and bond energy. Covalent bonds in molecules, bond length and bond energy. Bonding in the periodic table and their explanations (Valence shell electron pair repulsion theory).
- Types of molecular geometry (s, p, d and f). Bond angles (in s, p, d and f orbitals) and bond energies (in s, p, d and f orbital
- Hess’ law of constant heat summation. Standard enthalpy of formation, standard enthalpy of combustion and standard entropy of formation.
- Reaction enthalpy, reaction entropy and reaction quotient.
- pH scale, pOH scale and the factors affecting pH values (acids, bases and salts).
- Gas laws (Charles’ law, Boyle’s law, Gay-Lussac’s law and Avogadro’s law).
Some revision notes to revise GCE O level Chemistry
In the exam, you will be asked questions from all the topics listed above. So, make sure you revise these topics thoroughly.
Cudy is an online marketplace where you can find the best tutors to assist you in preparing for university entrance exams and improving your grades. Moreover, the tutor will help you with any topic you’re having trouble with. Cudy also has tutors from the world’s best universities, so you don’t have to worry about their reliability.