Here’s a quick checklist of 9 important things you need to consider to ensure that your eLearning strategy is effective.
1. Make sure your eLearning is mobile-friendly
When it comes to the world of learning, you want to make sure that you have an optimized strategy for reaching learners on their mobile devices. In fact, Google now has more searches done on mobile devices than on desktop computers, so this is something that should be high on your priority list.
2. Test your eLearning courses for effective learning
You want to make sure that your courses are effective at teaching the material and retaining the information long term. To do this, you need to conduct periodic testing of your eLearning courses and incorporate what you learn into future iterations of the course design.
3. Make sure your eLearning courses are well designed
When it comes to creating an effective eLearning course, you want to make sure that the design is easy to follow and doesn’t have any distractions that will cause learners to lose focus.
4. Ensure that your eLearning courses are on-topic and don’t have unnecessary content
You want to make sure that your eLearning courses are focused on the core subject matter. You also want to avoid including unnecessary content or topics that don’t relate directly to the core subject matter. This will help keep learners engaged and reduce time spent on unrelated material.
5. Make sure your eLearning courses cover important topics
It’s important for you to understand what the learning objectives of your eLearning course are before you begin designing it. In addition, you need to make sure that these learning objectives align with what is required by your organization and with the job roles of those who will be taking the course.
6. Include testing as part of your eLearning strategy for effectiveness measurement
Testing can be a great way for you to get real-time feedback about how effective your eLearning courses are at teaching the material and retaining the information.
7. Provide the right amount of training to support your eLearning strategy
For your eLearning strategy to be effective, you need to provide the right amount of training to learners who take your courses. This includes enough training to have the necessary skills and knowledge to do their jobs, but not so much that it becomes overwhelming and distracts them from their primary tasks.
8. Include gamification in your eLearning strategy to increase engagement and retention
Gamification is a great way for you to increase engagement and retention in your eLearning courses. You can do this by adding elements such as badges, leaderboards, competition, and rewards into your courses.
9. Make sure you have a process in place for ongoing improvement of your eLearning strategy and course content
Once you’ve developed an effective eLearning strategy, you must maintain it over time by incorporating what you learn from testing into future iterations of the course design or adding new material as needed based on changes in job roles or company requirements.