Critical factors in the success of an eLearning design include good planning, proper understanding of the goals and objectives, using appropriate resources, and a well-thought out process.
1. Good Planning
The planning phase is crucial to the success of an eLearning project. You should consider the following:
- Determine what skills, knowledge, and abilities necessary for success in the organization.
- Identify how the eLearning will support these goals.
- Identify what activities will be required to accomplish these goals.
- Determine who will perform these activities.
- Develop a plan for how to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Prepare a timeline that shows when you will complete each step of the process.
The key role of the project manager is to ensure that you complete all project goals and tasks.
In order to do this, the project manager must have clear communication with the team members and have full knowledge of all activities you will perform.
The role of the eLearning designer is to ensure that the end product meets organizational needs and specifications.
The designer must work closely with a variety of stakeholders to ensure that each group has input into the eLearning design process.
The designer must also know they will use which technologies in developing and implementing an eLearning solution.
The eLearning consultant should possess both strong technical skills and strong business skills.
The consultant should also be able to facilitate effective communications between different groups within an organization.
Finally, consultants should possess both a technical and a business background, as this will allow them to effectively evaluate different options for development in order to provide effective training solutions for an organization.
Photo by Lara Far on Unsplash.
2. Proper Understanding of the Goals and Objectives
Understanding the goals and objectives of an eLearning project is very important. A complete understanding includes knowing:
- Reasons behind eLearning needs and desired outcomes.
- Resources needed to accomplish the goals and objectives of an eLearning project.
- Timeframe for accomplishing these goals and objectives.
- How to achieve success in meeting these goals and objectives (methods, procedures, technology, etc.).
- Skills required to accomplish these goals and objectives (human resources).
Education institutes have always made use of eLearning technologies for different reasons.
However, many educational institutes could not effectively manage and use these technologies for the good of the students.
One reason for this is the lack of knowledge about the concept of eLearning.
Another reason is the fact that not all the educational institutes can effectively use eLearning technology for their students.
RELATED: 8 Skills You Must Have to Become An eLearning Master
3. Using Appropriate Resources
The resources available to an organization for the eLearning project you should consider. These resources may include:
- People who are skilled in the required skills, knowledge, and abilities needed to accomplish the goals and objectives of an eLearning project.
- Technology that can deliver the needed content.
- Learning resources (textbooks, manuals, reference materials, etc.).
You should consider e-learning stakeholders, including the decision makers, users, managers, and trainers, in planning and implementing eLearning projects.
Stakeholders are those individuals who are involved in the project and make decisions that affect the success of the project.
The stakeholders will have different goals, objectives, needs, expectations, skills, and knowledge levels.
Therefore, it is important to understand these individual differences in order to achieve a successful project.
Photo by CardMapr.nl on Unsplash.
4. A Well-Thought Out Process
You should think well of the process used to design and deliver an eLearning project. This includes:
- Choosing the eLearning development method(s).
- Creating an effective content design.
- Preparing the documentation.
- Preparing the project plan.
- Preparing a detailed budget.
- Ensuring adequate training for delivery of the eLearning project.
An online education course is a highly effective way to deliver the right amount of information in the right way to numerous learners at the same time.
You can use it for ongoing learning, as well as for implementing new processes and systems.
E-Learning Success Factors Depend on Comprehensive Planning
The success factors listed above are important to a successful eLearning project.
You need a comprehensive plan to achieve success in designing and delivering an eLearning project that will be successful in meeting organizational goals and objectives.
The process used to design and deliver an eLearning project should be well thought out to ensure that it will be successful in meeting organizational goals and objectives.
Cudy Marketplace provides you with an eLearning platform that makes it easy for you to create engaging and effective eLearning courses.
We make it possible for you to create a course that is up to your standards and suitable for your users. Join us today to get started!