Annual tuition fees are a major factor in deciding which high school to attend. In recent years, the annual tuition fee has been rising to become a substantial expense for parents and students alike.
Both public schools and private schools charge tuition fees and other fee, such as registration fee. It also does not rule out the possibility that there is another additional costs.
To be ready for this challenge, here are some average cost of the most expensive high schools in Asia.
Local schools in Singapore with the highest fees are:
- Raffles Girls’ School (Secondary) $8,500 (SGD)
2. Victoria Junior College (Secondary) $7,500 (SGD)
3. Anglo-Chinese School (Independent) - ACS (Secondary/Junior College) $7,338 (SGD)
4. Nanyang Girls’ High School $7,000 (SGD)
5. Anglican High School $6,990
6. Hwa Chong Institution $6,800
7. River Valley High School $6,800
8. Methodist Girls’ School – MGS $6,600
9. CHIJ Saint Nicholas Girls’ School $6,482
10. Dunman High School $6,300
Local schools in Malaysia with the highest fees are:
1.Sekolah Menengah Sains Selangor $10,800 (MYR)
2.Sekolah Menengah Sains Kebangsaan Malaysia $9,300 (MYR)
3.Sekolah Menengah Tunku Abdul Rahman $8,500 (MYR)
4.Sekolah Menengah Sultan Alam Shah $8,200 (MYR)
5.Sekolah Menengah Sultan Ismail Petra $8,200 (MYR)
6.Sekolah Ugama Tinggi Agama Islam Al-Hikmah $7,500 (MYR)
7.International School Of Kuala Lumpur $7,000 (MYR)
8.Persatuan Islam Pondok Pesantren Al-Hikmah $7,000 (MYR)
Local schools in Philippines with the highest fees are:
- St. Mary’s Academy $6,000 (PHP)
2. Ateneo de Manila University $5,500 (PHP)
3. San Beda College Alabang $5,300 (PHP)
4. Greenhills School of Santa Cruz de Tenerife $5,100 (PHP)
5. Lyceum of the Philippines University-Batangas-West Campus $5,000 (PHP)
Local schools in Sri Lanka with the highest fees are:
- Royal College Colombo $18,000 (LKR)
2.Isipathana College $17,500 (LKR)
3. St. Thomas’ College, Bandarawela $13,000 (LKR)
4. St. Joseph’s College, Colombo $12,500 (LKR)
5. Sri Sumangala College $12,000 (LKR)
Local schools in Indonesia with the highest fees are:
- Raffles International School of Jakarta $8,000 (IDR)
2. Bogor International School $7,500 (IDR)
3. St Thomas Christian International School $7,500 (IDR)
4. Glenmore Academy $7,500 (IDR)
5. Sekolah Pelita Harapan-Kuningan-Tangerang $7,000 (IDR)
Local schools in India with the highest fees are
- Jamnabai Narsee School $10,000 (INR)
- DPS International School $10,000 (INR)
- St Patrick’s High School $9,000 (INR)
Education systems in Asian countries are highly competitive. Competition for a place in a good high school can be very fierce. It is not surprising that the cost of tuition fees is high, as it is often seen as the main deciding factor for many families to choose one high school over another.
Expensive schools usually charge high tuition fees to compensate for their expensive facilities and education. It might also be caused by extra-curricular acivities, expensive food and additional expenses.
Cudy is an online marketplace where you can find the best tutors to assist you in preparing for university entrance exams and improving your grades. The tutor will help you with any topic you're having trouble with. Cudy also has tutors from the world's best universities, so you don't have to worry about their reliability.